These paleo chocolate chip cookies are perfectly golden and crispy on the edges and doughy in the center. Our Moodygirl dark chocolate melts in your mouth and the sprinkled flakey sea salt on top is the perfect amount of savory! This recipe is by Rachel Conners. See link below to checkout all of her recipes!
- ½ cup (100g) refined coconut oil softened, similar in texture to softened butter
- ⅔ cup (96g) coconut sugar
- 1 large egg room temperature (for vegan/to eat the dough, use a flax egg: mix 1 tablespoon flax meal + 2.5 tablespoons water and let gel for 10 minutes before using)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2¼ cups (220g) blanched almond flour
- 2 moodygirl Dark Chocolate bars (chop into small pieces)
- Mix together the coconut oil and coconut sugar until smooth. Add the egg or flax egg and vanilla extract and stir until smooth.
- Add the almond flour, salt, and baking soda to the wet ingredients. Mix until well incorporated. Fold in the chopped moodygirl chocolate.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour (or up to 48 hours). You don't NEED to refrigerate the dough if you don't have time, but it's recommended for the best flavor and texture.